Is your family interested in becoming a RedTeddy Poodle Co-owner?
Demand for RedTeddy puppies is very strong because of the excellent emotional and physical health of our pups. To maintain the high quality of our pups, RedTeddy has very specific guidelines for co-owners to follow:
1) Health tested parent(s) who are on site and can be visited by prospective families.
2) Homes where there is a abundance of happy, caring, low stress interaction between humans, other animals, and the puppies from birth onward.
3) RedTeddy Puppies must receive thorough vet exams, and the parents must be up to date on all required vaccines and check ups. Pups and dogs must be wormed regularly and given appropriate tick and flea preventatives.
4) As appropriate to their age, pups (and all adult dogs) must have access to a pleasant outdoor environment that includes open spaces to play and roam--and NEVER cement dog runs.
5) All animals must receive unconditional love from the humans who interact with them at all times even when they misbehave, although training must also occur for adult dogs and older puppies. Training simply has to be accomplished in a humane and loving manner.
6) All dogs will be fed high quality raw commercial dog food or RedTeddy Raw, which is either purchased from RedTeddy at cost by partner family, or made using our recipes.
7) RedTeddy co-owners must consent to annual or biannual supervisory visits so that RedTeddy can observe practices and assure ongoing adherence to the RedTeddy Code.
If you feel your family can meet this criteria, and you have a strong interest in pursuing co-ownership by birthing and raising pups, or by co-owning a stud with RedTeddy, read on:
RedTeddy will consider working with families who want to have a intact male or female adult, or a breeding pair of dogs (male and female) supplied from us. The parent dog(s) would be your family pet(s), but would also produce puppies for RedTeddy. RedTeddy would handle all breeding logistics and find homes for the pups.
Co-owning families enter into a legal agreement, and benefit in concert with RedTeddy and RedTeddy Puppy families. They are charged one half of the cost of a RedTeddy to co-own, and take a dog that is about 1 1/2 years old, fully socialized and housebroken, and ready to begin breeding.
RedTeddy co-owners raise puppies in their home environment, and pups leave when they are ready, either to stay at RedTeddy residence for more socialization, or to go directly to their forever homes.
Co-owning families are responsible for ongoing health costs and general upkeep of their dog(s), including grooming and visits to the vet. Again, co-owners pay for all of their dog's expenses, such as food and vet bills, including the all important tests for genetics and hips and knees. In return, co-owning families of female dogs receive 50% of the sale of their dog's puppies. After the dog's retirement (in 5 - 6 years), co-owning families keep their dog as a family pet.
Ideally co-owners live within three hours of Hudson, NY. If you are willing to travel (travel is not compensated), the distance can be greater. RedTeddy works with co-owners to ensure that their dog has a stress-free life full of fun, exercise, playtime, and socialization, and that they are fed exclusively high quality raw food.
Being a small breeder has a lot of pros - all our dogs are family. We personally attend every vet visit and mix our own raw food. We email, talk and meet everyone who goes home with one of our pups.
If you are interested in co-ownership with us contact RedTeddy at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us at our Facebook page.