This contract is a sample of recent puppy sales and health contracts at RedTeddy ; there may be some changes to the contract that new families receive when they pick up their puppy)
REDTEDDY Miniature and Toy Poodles
Good Health Guarantee
WE WILL HELP YOU AS MUCH AS WE CAN IF YOUR PUPPY GETS VERY SICK, AND THE AFFECTING DISEASE IS CONGENITAL, EVEN IF IT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED ON THIS GUARANTEE. WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT HEALTH PROBLEMS
THAT OUR PUPS HAVE AS THEY GROW, TO HELP US MAKE FUTURE BREEDING DECISIONS.
Redteddy puppy guarantees that this puppy is healthy and fit enough for adoption on the Puppy Pick-up Day, the date of ownership transfer.
1. A licensed veterinarian has examined this puppy and declared he or she to be healthy and fit for sale. Buyer acknowledges they have received a copy of the vet paper and have read through and gone over and acknowledged all points.
3. We try our best to make sure your puppy doesn't harbor any unwelcome ‘company,’ however, no one bath or treatment is 100% foolproof. Therefore, this guarantee specifically excludes the presence of common exterior or intestinal parasites including but not limited to roundworms, tapeworms, giardia, fleas, and ticks, etc. because they are routine and common/normal for many young animals. Your puppy has been given initial treatments, these pests can recur and require additional rounds hence the exclusion.
4. A) No puppy returns, exchanges or refunds are allowed for other than health reasons described in #4A-4C and #6, below (and as by NY State law). Buyers have 3 days to return a puppy for qualifying illness. Seller has 45 days to return full purchase price (or as soon as confirming AKC registration will divert to Seller). A “qualifying illness” means one that seriously impacts LIFE-LONG quality of life or is itself life threatening (such as requiring hospitalization); or: 2) had untreated broken bone(s); or: 3) an undisclosed, life threatening abnormality detectable but not disclosed on the date of purchase. 4.B) Return of the puppy for any other reason after the initial period, and for any reason, will forfeit the return of total purchase price and puppy will become property of Seller. 4.C) Buyer must redo and resubmit and pay fees for AKC forms registered by Buyer to reflect return of puppy to Seller within 45 days of return of puppy.
5.Any and All veterinary bills/fees/costs taken after purchase of puppy at Puppy Pick-up Day are the complete and full responsibility of the Buyer. If a pup is returned to RedTeddy, any bills associated with the puppy after Puppy Pick-up Day and before date of return are the full and complete and full responsibility of buyer.
6. There are two conditions that, if they occur, are cause for RedTeddy to give buyer a replacement puppy when one becomes available. (Seller does not require Buyer to return affected puppy.) If spay/neutering/altering is not performed before the second birthday or later, Buyer will be given a second puppy, without surrendering the affected RedTeddy back to us, if this puppy develops bi-lateral hip displasia of genetic origin. Genetic hip displasia shows up in the first year; other common cases of hip dysplasia can occur at any time and can be caused by overeating
(obesity is the MOST common form of HP - Don't Overfeed Your Dog!) and accidents, none of which are protected under this Guarantee. RedTeddy requires proof and may require a second opinion at a veterinarian of our choice, that confirms the HP is both bi-lateral and of genetic origin. The puppy must also have had access to veterinary care (see item #8 below) for this Bilateral HD Guarantee to be valid.
For the period from birth to the age of two years, we will also replace your puppy with another puppy when one becomes available, without requiring you to surrender your original puppy back to us, if he/she develops blindness of genetic origin associated with prn/prna. Pup must also have
had access to veterinary care (see item #8 below). We may require a second positive veterinary diagnosis by a second vet of our choice for the Guarantee to be in effect.
All other health conditions other than the two named above are excluded from this two-year period for this Health Guarantee for a replacement puppy.
7. This Good Health Guarantee shall be null and void if puppy have been spayed, altered or neutered before their second birthday for males, 16 months for females.
8. This Good Health Guarantee shall be null and void if this puppy is bred before their second birthday. (An open registration with AKC does NOT change these conditions, breeding must be delayed until two years of age for the health of the mother.)
9.This Good Health Guarantee shall be null and void if the puppy affected has been in agility classes or trials before their second birthday.
10. The Good Health Guarantee requires that buyer provide puppy with routine/annual vet visits and inoculations at age appropriate dates.
11. Due to the varying kinds of food and different environmental conditions the puppies come in contact with; and the fact that all puppies have immune systems that take time to mature, the terms of this guarantee will not be honored unless they are given NuVet Vitamins, as directed by the manufacturer, for two years (NuVet keeps records). Failure to do so will render this guarantee null and void except where prohibited by law. We also highly recommend you continue to give your pet NuVet Plus beyond the guarantee period to promote optimal health for a lifetime. Discounts are available through the redteddypup.com website.
RedTeddy may request vet records in order to comply with the Good Health Guarantee and to alter our breeding techniques based on outcomes should a puppy be returned for health reasons or develop conditions noted in #6.
9. At our discretion, RedTeddy may request one or both of the following before completing a puppy return and/or exchange 1) COMPLETE veterinary records. 2) A second veterinary opinion. The cost of all medical tests and treatments shall be paid for by the buyer if the results show negative results that do not agree with Buyer’s vet.