Our Healthy Puppy Guarantee
This is a sample of the contract you will receive from RedTeddy with your puppy. (Contracts may vary slightly.)
- RedTeddy guarantees that this puppy is healthy and fit for adoption on the Puppy Pick-up Day, the date of ownership transfer.
- A licensed veterinarian has examined this puppy and declared him/her to be healthy and fit for sale. Buyer acknowledges that they have received a copy of the vet's record, and they have read and thoroughly gone over all points.
- We try our best to make sure your puppy doesn't harbor any unwelcome "stowaways." However, no one bath or treatment is 100% foolproof. Therefore, this guarantee specifically excludes the presence of common exterior or intestinal parasites, including but not limited to roundworms, tapeworms, giardia, fleas, and ticks; they are routine and common/normal for many young animals. Your puppy has been given initial preventative treatments, but these pests can recur and require additional rounds, hence the exclusion.
- No puppy returns, exchanges or refunds are allowed for other than health reasons described below (and as by NY State law).
A. Buyers have 3 days to return a puppy for qualifying illness. Seller has 45 days to return full purchase price (or as soon as confirming that AKC registration will divert to Seller). A “qualifying illness” means one that seriously impacts LIFE-LONG quality of life or is itself life threatening (such as requiring hospitalization); or puppy had untreated broken bone(s); or puppy had an undisclosed, life threatening abnormality detectable but not disclosed on the date of purchase. B. Return of the puppy for any other reason after the initial period, and for any reason, will forfeit the return of total purchase price even after puppy becomes property of Seller. C) Buyer must redo and resubmit and pay fees for AKC forms registered by Buyer to reflect return of puppy to Seller within 45 days of return of puppy.
- Any and All veterinary bills/fees/costs taken after purchase of puppy at Puppy Pick-up Day are the complete and full responsibility of the Buyer. If a pup is returned to RedTeddy, any bills associated with the puppy after Puppy Pick-up Day and before date of return are the full and complete and full responsibility of buyer.
- There are two conditions that, if they occur, are cause for RedTeddy to give buyer a replacement puppy when one becomes available. (Seller does not require Buyer to return affected puppy.) Buyer will be given a second puppy, without surrendering the affected RedTeddy back to us, if their puppy develops bi-lateral hip displasia of genetic origin. Genetic hip displasia shows up in the first year. Other common cases of hip dysplasia can occur at any time and can be caused by overeating. (Obesity is the MOST common form of hip dysplasia - Do not Overfeed Your Dog!) RedTeddy requires proof of hip dysplasia diagnosis, and may require a second opinion, at a veterinarian of our choice, that confirms the hip dysplasia is both bi-lateral and of genetic origin. The puppy must also have had access to veterinary care for this Bilateral hip dysplasia Guarantee to be valid.
- For the period from birth to the age of two years, we will also replace your puppy with another puppy when one becomes available, without requiring you to surrender your original puppy back to us, if he/she develops blindness of genetic origin associated with prn/prna. Again, pup has to have had access to veterinary care. We may require a second positive veterinary diagnosis by a vet of our choice for the Guarantee to be in effect.
- All other health conditions other than the two named above are excluded from this two-year period for this Health Guarantee for a replacement puppy.
- This Good Health Guarantee shall be null and void if puppy has been spayed, altered, or neutered before his second birthday for males, and before 16 months of age for females.
- This Good Health Guarantee shall be null and void if this puppy is bred before her second birthday. (An open registration with AKC does NOT change these conditions; breeding must be delayed until two years of age for the health of the mother.)
- This Good Health Guarantee shall be null and void if the puppy affected has been in agility classes or trials before his/her second birthday.
- This Good Health Guarantee shall be null and void if puppy has not been given NuVet Vitamins, as directed by the manufacturer, for first two years (NuVet keeps records). This is due to the various foods and different environmental conditions puppies come in contact with, and the fact that all puppies' immune systems take time to mature. Failure to do so will render this guarantee null and void except where prohibited by law. We also highly recommend you continue to give your pet NuVet Plus beyond the guarantee period to promote optimal health for a lifetime. Discounts are available.
- The Good Health Guarantee requires that buyer provide puppy with routine/annual vet visits and inoculations at age appropriate dates. RedTeddy may request vet records in order to comply with the Good Health Guarantee and to alter our breeding techniques based on outcomes should a puppy be returned for health reasons or develop conditions noted above.
- At our discretion, RedTeddy may request one or both of the following before completing a puppy return and/or exchange: 1) COMPLETE veterinary records. 2) A second veterinary opinion. The cost of all medical tests and treatments shall be paid for by the Buyer if the results do not agree with Buyer’s vet.